Saturday, September 26, 2020

How can I get Q 51 in GMAT math


First, some popular questions..

I have a non math background... Can I get Q  51 (99 percentile) in math?

Yes you can.....I have helped people, who had a fear of math (before they met me), score Q 51.  So it is possible for a person with a non math background score high.

Remember - The GMAT quantitative section tests your math skills as well as your reasoning skills....


I am good at math... Yet in my mocks, I am not able to score above Q 45.. Why?

Your concepts may be good, but there is a still big gap in your preparation. I will explain the missing link below.


I know the concepts.. I can solve the questions.. But I take a long time.. How can i solve the question faster..... in less than 30 seconds?

You will be able to solve many of the sums in the GMAT, if you have 2 hrs for the math section. But you have only 62 mins to do 31 questions.

That works to 2 minutes or less..per question. There is a lacuna in your preparation. I will explain the missing link below.

I have been teaching GMAT since 2008. I have sat with a number of students . I explored their thought process. Some students are good at grasping concepts and applying the concepts in a math sum. Others go blank. They are not able to start the problem solving process.. why???.. 

There is something missing....

The missing link is mathematical reasoning..

some of the students have it in them.. others do not. 

here is a list of math concepts which are tested in GMAT



Knowledge of math concepts will help you.. But from my analysis you need more..

Here are list of additional skills



Math concepts + math skills = success in the exam.

This tutorial video will explain some of these skills.. Feel free to ping me if you need more info on these skills. 

To reach me:



Math reasoning skills can help you solve questions in less than 30 seconds..
Check this sum and follow the series




Check the solution here

No comments:

Post a Comment