Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Can I prepare for GMAT on my own? The Top 3 pros and cons


Remember :

The cost of finding, collating and bringing structure to free content is high.



Preparing for GMAT on your own has its pros and cons

Before I get into the pros vs cons

You need to
  • spend considerable time collecting material/tests
  • develop a structured study plan (based on your current math/verbal quotient)
  • join different forums and seek help from unknown people
Here are 3 positives

You can
  1. set the pace and tempo of your training
  2. save tutoring/mentoring costs
  3. get inputs from varied sources (Hopefully those varied inputs give you clarity, if not you will be totally confused)
Cons:

·      You might find hard to
  1. Collate and bring structure to the training
  2. Find a mentor
    1. to guide you if your weak in your concepts
    2. to show you the path when you reach a preparation plateau
  3. motivate yourself during the tough parts of your prep
  4. make a progressive plan (Starting with easy concepts/questions and gradually moving to harder concepts/questions.

The next decision point would be:
Do I choose  
  • Option A: Online generic courses
  • Option B: Customized coaching with a live tutor
Feel free to connect, we can come to a conclusion based on your study habits


A little bit about me.
I am George, a GMAT tutor, since 2008. I coach students online as well as offline at my center in Chennai, India. You can

No comments:

Post a Comment